Sunday, March 23, 2014

Post "12 years a slave"

I know of the hate in the world, specifically the hate from the past and the treatment of others due to race. However, the movie "12 years a slave" affected me, it made me feel so close to what was happening that I felt I was somehow involved. It made me question everyone and everything. 
It was a brilliant piece of filming, the acting was amazing as was the direction. The film was worthy of the Best Picture Oscar that it won and I challenge anyone to watch it without feeling some of the emotion I felt. 
It was brutal and at times, hard to watch but it happened. These people were treated this way.

Since I was a child, I've always had a  big issue with racism. I remember being deeply affected by the movie, Roll of thunder, hear my cry after seeing most of it on TV one day. 

Every scene of 12 years a slave made me think more about the treatment of others and how disappointed I am sometimes in the human race. The unnecessary violence, anger and hate and even the way those characters tried to intimidate with words. It scared ME and I was sitting in a cinema over 100 years later. 

All I can hope for is that people can watch this and feel what I feel. Through this, others might see that hate causes nothing but pain for all. 
I urge anyone reading this, to practice the love & compassion that we all need more of and educate others who to do so too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment