Monday, October 22, 2012

Help me change the world

Having less sleep now and feeling more productive. The sleepiness is actually lifting though I'm sleeping half the time I was before. Doctors say I was overreacting to medication. I'm quite happy to be free from it.

No medication can solve life's issues, it can't suddenly turn everything around. It takes US to WANT change first of all. Without that desire, we will be stuck.
Once we know what we want, we have to seek it. I mean, find our answers within us. It's a matter of working out what needs to be done and in this case, I must focus on my purpose.

Why do you think we are here? What is your goal in life? Would you be happy to cruise through life with little impact? Do you feel the need to have more of a say in this world?

I do. I want change and I'm here to make it happen. I might not be able to offer a lot but I believe I'm here to make a difference. I am attempting slowly to change this world. In playing a small role but each time I do something for someone, and it could be as simple as sharing a smile, I know that I am contributing.
I know through my work, I contribute. I am doing positive things and making positive change both in the world and within myself.

So I'll continue along this path, I'll try to remind myself regularly of this feeling because this here, is everything I seem to forget too often lately.
I will also hopefully be able to return to being 'me' again. I miss meditating and know that I will benefit a great deal once I begin again.

Please feel free to comment, I'd love to know what you all think. I know I have readers of this blog so share your thoughts

Love & Hugs
Nikki

3 comments:

  1. You're doing everything right hon. Remember small steps and you will come throught. Love and thoughts to you - Dave xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, for some of us, meds are the only thing that gives us a fighting chance at a fulfilling life. Don't be ashamed if you find yourself in that boat. And meds or no, I wish you luck on your journey.

    What kind of work do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much, I just need to focus on my goals. Jeffrey, I agree with your take on medication though, it seems I am not in that boat and that I was possibly previously concentrating on the wrong things.

    My work, well it's difficult to describe as I wear many hats but I use it to hopefully make people smile and to inspire as well as share more positivity, love and compassion in the world.

    ReplyDelete