Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trying to Find Yourself

It can be a difficult thing when we realise we don't know who we are or our circumstances have changed so we no longer know what makes us happy. Something I think it really important is making sure that we always have time for ourselves, time we can take to think about what it is that makes us happy. Think about what you can do, whether things are going extremely well for you at the time or you are going through a rough patch, take note of those things that make you truly happy. I don't think it's a good idea to say "My X-Box makes me happy" or "My Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Husband/Wife etc" That's attaching yourself to something you have no control over. I want you to think about you, understand you as a person, what you can give the world and offer to others. True Compassion can be one of the best things to experience. Those who give, will always tell you how good it feels. When I say giving, I don't mean monetary things, or even objects. It might be a smile, or a kind gesture.
I believe this is a great way to start when you don't know who you are, when life seems to be getting you down.
This weeks Challenge for anyone who reads this post is to smile at strangers, allow people to go before you when lining up at the Supermarket or waiting at a Bus stop, Hold the door open for someone...
And then, I want you to tell me how it all felt

1 comment:

  1. "True Compassion can be one of the best things to experience. Those who give, will always tell you how good it feels."

    ReplyDelete